Companies, associations or public services that play on-hold music on their telephone lines also need to apply for a user licence (insofar as the music works belong to the repertoire of the collective management organisations concerned).

Want to apply for a licence? 

Apply for your licence now via MyUnisono

The rates are calculated on the basis of the number of telephone lines that can be connected simultaneously from the exchange to the outside world. A distinction is made when calculating the rate between normal and commercial (paying) telephone lines.

  Annual rate excl 6% VAT
ordinary lines / FTE (*) on the social balance of 31.12.2021 commercial lines COPYRIGHTS
consumer price index 115,74
consumer price index 115,74
from to  
1 5 1 29,20 € 31,77 €
6 10 2 58,40 € 63,54 €
11 15 3 87,60 € 95,31 €
16 20 4 116,80 € 127,08 €
additional 5 lines additional line 29,20 € 31,77 €


(*) For telephone exchanges with IP technology (Internet protocol), the rate is calculated on the basis of the number of FTEs (full-time equivalents) reported in the company's social balance sheet (n-1).

In a number of cases, the music is supplied together with the exchange equipment. If the supplier provides you with proof that the royalties for both the authors' rights and the neighbouring rights have been paid or are not payable, no application has to be made for a new user licence for telephone on-hold music.


Contact Unisono

Choose a different subject in: Music in companies